Cindy will guide you through the complicated process of selling a business. There are many areas where her expertise is beneficial:
- Confidentiality. The process of an owner attempting to sell his/her own business could reveal that the business is up for sale. He/she risks employees, customers, suppliers and bankers discovering the sale. Cindy works diligently to protect the confidential nature of her client’s business sale. She requires that confidentiality agreements are signed and vets each potential buyer’s ability to purchase the business before revealing the identity of your business, and long before any financial information is shared. Cindy can also institute a process whereby she will review with you every buyer candidate and only reveal the identity of your business to them if you approve it first.
- Business Continuity. Selling a business is time-consuming for an owner who already is probably wearing many hats for the company. Working with Cindy, an owner can maintain a focus on running the business while she works on selling the business.
- Marketing. Cindy will present your company in the best possible light to maximize your sale price. Her very strong marketing background and understanding of businesses from the inside out allows her to provide insight to a new buyer and to identify opportunities for entrenchment and growth with your business.
- Valuing your Business. Putting a value on a business is far more difficult and complex than valuing a house. Every business is different, with hundreds of variables that have an impact on the value. Cindy has many resources that provide her with the information she needs to properly value your business. In addition to recasting of your financials, Cindy will access Calhoun’s vast database of successful closes, while also leveraging industry resources to deliver a well-rounded assessment of the value of your business. The best way for a business owner to truly feel comfortable that they’ve gotten the best deal is to get multiple offers for the business. That is always Cindy’s goal when you list your business for sale with her.[checklist]
- Business valuation
- “Package” a business to fairly represent the tangible and intangible assets that make a business what it is
- Advise on how to sell successfully and without damaging the business in the process
- Advertise and market a business and identify and screen potential purchasers
- Help negotiate an agreement towards a successful conclusion
- Handle the enormous amount of detail that is a part of the transaction.
- Source business opportunities for sale
- Identify potential funding options
- Handle communications and negotiations with the business’s seller
- Submit offers to purchase, manage contingencies, etc.
- Provide closing services